Friday, May 20, 2016

Dusting Off The Microphone

Tap. Tap. Hello?  Is this thing on???

By now all my readers have likely moved on to more interesting and updated hotspots or are sitting back in wonderment at how eerily quiet things have been in my little piece of real estate in the blogosphere.  Is the place vacant?  Did she pack up and move in the middle of the night?

No, I'm still here. Well, sort of still here.  I've planned so many posts in my brain, but have had such precious little time to translate any of them to words on a screen.  I think about writing. Then I don't. Then I feel guilty. I've let myself down. I've let my readers down. My little home on Planet Internet has been left lonely and neglected. The weeds are growing rampant, the dust lies thickly on every surface. The place looks abandoned.  All that is missing are the shuttered windows and the crooked hanging sign that says "closed".  

What could have possibly kept me away for so long?  Hmmm.  Life?  A series of unfortunate events?  Yes, and Yes.  Remember how back in February my computer DIED suddenly and without warning?  And I had to wait until March 10 to get my new one? And then all the time spent setting it up?  ... Well, I had barely owned the thing for a month when it somehow caught a nasty virus and we had to restore it back to factory settings.  All that time I spent setting it up ... all the programs loaded.... all the preferences checked... ALL GONE. Again.

The virus happened around mid-April... so it isn't a surprise to me look back and see that I haven't blogged since April 4th.  We got the discs and did the whole reset on April 25th and I started loading programs again. But this time, my heart just hasn't been in it.  I still don't have PSE and LR set up for my preferences, and I'm still finding Windows 10 a bit confusing to navigate. And the computer is still a bit fussy and temperamental.  So it is hard to get photos to go with posts since my editing capabilities aren't fully functional yet. And I really hate to post without photos.

So here are some photos:



 These first three are layouts created for Rachel & Becca's School of Life albums for 7th through 12th grades.  I did all these at the ALS Charity Crop on April 22 & 23.  I found it very hard to digi-scrap on my laptop computer.  The screen just isn't big enough!


This two page spread is of Sarah's high school graduation party - it will feature in all three girls' albums as it is a great example of what it looks like when extended family & friends gather! That was really all I could handle for a day & a half crop, but still happy to have them done!

I will endeavor to stop back at some point during the weekend and catch you up on other doings in my life. But please don't hold me to it - life is crazy busy right now!

7 comments:

Candace said...

Welcome back. Sorry about your computer. Mine crashed last Summer and now Windows 10 took over. Ugh.

Karen said...

We'll be here when you get back; not to worry---we haven't given up on you at all! What a pain computers can be when they aren't working properly. I did everything on a laptop for years, and then 4 or 5 years ago, Tracy surprised me at Christmas with a desktop computer. When I travel, I'm back to a laptop, but you're right, photo-editing and posting are harder with a small screen. I haven't used Windows since I retired, but I didn't like it much, even then.

Sian said...

Welcome back! It's good to catch up on what's been going on with you and to see you are still making pages. I do everything on a laptop. But I'm not happy with the colours the screen on my latest one is showing me and I'm less confident about editing my photos because of it

debs14 said...

Technology - when it works it's great but when it doesn't ... argh!
I was wondering what had happened to you, and was pleased to see your blog update come through today with an explanation!

Melissa said...

Yeah for getting some layouts done!! :)

Alison said...

I know exactly mean about your neglected blog....mine is exactly the same....life just seems to be full of busy at the moment and this is the first time I've even stopped by to read anyone else's posts! Love the graduation pics of your girls and hope you have found space again for all their 'stuff' xx

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back in my reader! I figured you had a lot going on with graduations. :) I'm afraid you're stuck with me no matter how long a hiatus you may take. ;)