Monday, February 29, 2016

Memorandum Monday & LOAD 26

Happy Leap Day!  Popping in to quickly say hello to all my fellow Memorandum Monday-ers.

I spent my weekend thrifting, researching, and restocking The Shop.  One thing we bought was a Homer Winslow print titled "In The Mowing".  I never took any art history or art appreciation courses in high school or college, so all I knew in making the purchase was that Winslow was a famous artist.  What I learned in the research is that he was largely self-taught and considered one of the most influential American artists of his time. He did pencil sketches, oil on canvas, and ultimately watercolors - and it was with the watercolors that he truly made his name.  So now I know a little bit about Homer Winslow.

I didn't do any LOAD layouts for Saturday or Sunday. And as it turns out, I was just fine with it.  I have accomplished a lot this month - with all the layouts needed to complete Rachel & Becca's K-6 School of Life albums and a lot of other stories told as well.  So I was perfectly content to create this layout with Krystal Hartley's new "Fresh" kit.  I actually went outside and took the photo just to create the layout!

And then, just for fun, I made this page for my planner:
WHat did you do for fun this past weekend?

5 comments:

Sian said...

For fun? Well, there was sock knitting..no, I did stop knitting for a bit to help TNSSO get all dressed up for an 18th birthday party. Time was, my fun was in going out, now it's in watching her go out.

Restocking the shop sounds good fun. Winslow might be a self taught artist..but I have a lot of admiration for a self taught shop keeper too

Karen said...

I can see why you went outside to find a photograph for that beautiful kit. It screams "spring" to me. We saw a moving production of "To Kill a Mockingbird" at our local resident theater on Saturday, and had dinner and played Apples to Apples (new to me) with friends on Sunday night.

Carola Bartz said...

I love the top scrapbooking page - such a lovely kit! It's a happy page!!

For fun this past weekend. Hm. Teaching on Saturday was actually fun and I also enjoyed designing a custom order on Sunday which turned into something huge. I loved it!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh what a fun planner page - I like that image of the bulbs and I'm hoping you don't get too much snow.

Glad you got so much done during LOAD too - congratulations!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a FUN weekend! I was once again teaching. :) In fact, I taught again yesterday at Scrappin' Goodtime, so I'm relaxing & catching up on some blog reading today. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home. Have a great weekend!