Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Me On... Wednesday

I approached this week with the best of intentions, but once again I'm fashionably late to the party.  I just hope everyone hasn't gone home already! Here I am waving hello to Sian and her merry band of Monday-ers from a warm Wednesday evening in the Eastern U.S.

The weekend was unseasonably warm with temperatures in the upper 60's (breaking records for three straight days) - that's roughly 20 degrees celsius for all my friends across the pond.  Jay and I got to attend an outdoor flea market for what will likely be the last time this year, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm taking advantage of the good weather while we can, knowing full well we are going to pay for it come January.

Although we have had a few mornings of frost, necessitating scraping ice off windshields, this all burns off by 10:00 a.m.  In any event, there won't be any white Christmas around here!

That didn't stop us from finally getting some ornaments hung on the tree.  Even without the snow, it starting to look a lot like Christmas!

5 comments:

alexa said...

Well, I am late too, but delighted to pop in and say 'hi!'. Glad you have been enjoying milder temperatures - we have too though not as high as yours, and your frosty photo is the first frost I have seen thus year, amazingly for us. Hoping it continues and that you enjoy your week ...

Karen said...

Always happy to see you whenever you appear! It's been unusually warm here, too, and I consider every day of it a gift! I'll be happy if the snow holds off until we make our way to Chicago, but they think there's a chance we might get a bit of it before then.

Sian said...

That's practically what we call summer here!! It was 14 here today, so unseasonably warm by our standards too

Enjoy the rest of the week Cheri

scrappyjacky said...

Very unseasonably warm here as well....pretty un-christmasy really....they are threatening us with the warmest christmas day in over 100 years!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like my kind of winter weather! I had a little ice on the windshield this morning (Yikes!), but it burned off by 8:30. Back in the 60s & 70s next week!