Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Year of Kindness - Challenge Week 41

I want to make this week's challenge FUN... so without futher ado...

Your challenge for Week 41 is to SEND A CARE PACKAGE.  If this concept is puzzling you, never fear, I have ideas!

1. Send a care package to a kid in college/University. If it happens to be your own kid, awesome.  If not, borrow someone else's.  In addition to my own two, I've been sending the random package to young Taylor, whose own mother is not around to send her packages anymore.

Here is a link with some fantastic ideas for sending FUN themed care packages to college kids:  16 Care Packages

2. Send a care package to someone deployed in the military. If you know someone, send a personal package. If not, there are TONS of organizations that will help you to send a care package... click this link for a list.  While it maybe isn't as easy for my friends over in the U.K., I did find this source for sending a Christmas parcel.

3. If college/Uni kids and military personnel don't spark your imagination, how about making up a nice little basket for someone in a Senior Center, hospital, shelter, etc.  I'm sure the possibilities are endless with a little thought.

Whatever you do, remember to have FUN with this one!

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

This is a great idea,Cheri....in the UK there are a lot of 'shoebox' appeals....you fill an empty shoebox with items [usually specified by the charity]....and they are then delivered for christmas....some charities give to the poorest families in the UK....and some overseas [particularly orphanages in Eastern Europe].

Melissa said...

GREAT challenge! I think I'll send a package to my first-year-college student friend with lots of pink (her second favorite color) and glitter (her first favorite color)! :)

Karen said...

What a great idea! I may wait a week or two since I'm visiting the folks who would most appreciate a care package!

Sian said...

I stuff an envelope for TTO every week (and listen to TSO making the point that I'd better do the same for her!) but as I'm already doing that, I'll try looking further afield for this one

Barbara Eads said...

I swear, I think you and I are on the same wave length! It seems like when you post a new challenge, I've just done it! This past week, I sent Mrs. Prindables caramel apples to my granddaughter and niece at college! I'm also impressed that you manage to come up with another new idea each week for this challenge!

Anonymous said...

Gracia is living with two of her best medic friends this year and when we took her back to Newcastle in September I left the girls a Mason Jar stuffed with chocolate. I periodically send refills and as it happens have done so this week.