Monday, March 24, 2014

A Year of Kindness - Challenge Week 12

I hope you have all found ways to Let Your Light Shine and recognize just how AWESOME you are! The linky is still open until the end of the month, so you still have time to blog about your own Light and add it to the post here.  

This week's challenge is to Lend A Helping Hand. And by this I mean, while you are out and about, look for an opportunity to be of service.  Can you hold a door for someone carrying packages? Can you help someone get all their packages to their car? Can you pick up the toy/pacifier/bottle that the toddler in the shopping cart dropped, unknown to the mother?

When I think of lending a helping hand, I'm reminded of all the insurance company ads about the power a simple act of kindness can have. Those ads have been captured together in this inspiring video which might give you more ideas about how you can lend a helping hand:



As a firm believer in the concept of paying it forward, I hope your acts of lending a helping hand this week will inspire others to do the same.  Imagine the ripple we can create!


4 comments:

Melissa said...

I thought about your kindness challenges today because I had an opportunity to help someone . . . now I see that I've already completed this week's challenge! :>)

I was at the post office & a lady was off to the side trying to put together one of those priority mail boxes while keeping the items inside & she really needed three hands . . . so I helped her out & we had it closed very quickly! I love how your year of kindness is rubbing off on my, too! So FUN!

Karen said...

Your Kindness challenges are so thoughtful. I try to keep them all in mind as I go about my daily routines and interactions with others.

Sian said...

I'm a Girl Guide: holding doors open and carrying things to cars are what we are taught from an early age :) But doesn't it make a difference when someone does it for you? Or holding a lift door. I love it when someone keeps the lift door open long enough for me to jump in

scrappyjacky said...

I'll certainly keep this in mind...I do always try to be helpful when I'm out and about.