Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Little Word Blog Hop - January Edition

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  
Can you believe this day is here already??? 2013 just flew by!

Whether you arrived here from Lee's Blog  as part of the One Little Word Blog Hop, or you are here because you love me and drop by regularly... Welcome! I love visitors! The One Little Word Blog Hop is a monthly hop run by Lee for members of Ali Edwards' One Little Word class over at Big Picture Classes. The hop goes live on Wednesday at 6:00 a.m.  You can always check back later if someone's post isn't live yet.

Our November assignment was to collect photos that represent our word. As of December 1st, I hadn't gathered the photos of my most recent dares. So here is November's assignment, albeit a bit late:

Our December assignment was to reflect on our word and what we got from it, and what we wanted to remember of it as we bid it goodbye:


My DARING Highlights of 2013:
January - researched, gathered recipes, and started a paleo diet.
February - completed LOAD213 challenge
March - went to a Stampin' Up party by myself, went to the Cherry Blossom festival in DC
April - did a major clean/purge in my craft room, including boxes and bags of
memorabilia, went to the Cherry Blossom festival in Philadelphia
May - completed LOAD513 challenge;
June/July - completed the Summer of Color Challenge; traded in my trusty old Blackberry
for an iPhone; enjoyed a week at the Jersey shore with family
August - engaged in street photography for One Little Word class and Summer 2013
Photography Scavenger Hunt; sent Rachel and Becca off to college and began to
experience the "empty nest" lifestyle (love it!)
September - visited my mother; learned to shoot a 22 caliber Beretta hand gun
October - Traveled twice for work and combined with personal travel; went on a
helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon with Jay; saw two shows in Vegas; toured Sedona
with Deb
November - completed 30 Days of Thankful album
December - cut off 9" of hair to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths
Throughout the year - finished some old UFO's including Perpetual Happiness album,
1998 Disney album, and Sarah's baby album. Tried pomegranates, avocado, sweet
potatoes, and several new recipes. Attended a series of different yoga classes via a
Living Social deal. Met up with three different blog friends. Established fairly consistent
morning pages and meditation habits.

And my tracker for December:

In all, 2013 was a very good year for me and I bid it farewell with fondness. But I'm also very excited about 2014 and all the potential it holds!  For 2014 I have chosen the word "KIND" and I'll be back with more about my meaning and hopes for this word in a future blog post.

If you are continuing on in the hop, your next stop is  Margareta's Blog.

And just in case you get lost, here's the entire list:

7 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, Cheri, you should feel great about all you've done this year! I've enjoyed all these OLW posts. Happiest of New Years! I'm looking forward to another year of connection through our blogs, and maybe a chance to meet up at last.

scrappyjacky said...

You really have achieved a lot,Cheri....well done.

Missus Wookie said...

I love that list and those check boxes - you achieved so many goals this year. Nice to see me on one too ;) Kind is a good word - look forward to seeing where you go with it. Are you joining the Ali Edwards class and FB group?

Melissa said...

Congratulations on all the Daring things you accomplished in 2013! Looking forward to all the ways our paths will be crossing in 2014, maybe even in PA!

Anonymous said...

You've accomplished amazing things! It's absolutely wonderful! Can't wait to see what's in store for 2014. Thank you for the year long company in this blog hop. (BTW, I have updated my post with photos of pages now. )

Sian said...

That certainly is a year full of dare! Hope you keep it going in 2014 and beyond. Happy New Year to you and the family Cheri. I hope it's a great one for you all

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - your word served you well!
And kind is such a nice word. We couldn't have gotten through 2012/2013 without the kindness of others.
My 2013 word was paramount, and it was a good one. I'll be doing a OLW wrap up and post my 2014 word this weekend.
Rinda