Thursday, August 8, 2013

Finishing Out Clean & Simple

I've finally finished the last lesson for Clean & Simple, the Cathy Zielski 4 Experts class over at BPC that ended on June 30th.  I purposefully passed on Lesson 11 which was a mini album that I had no present need for - I will keep it in mind for a future project if the need arises.

Lesson 12 was a two page make-it-from-scratch layout that had us creating our own template and then filling it in.  Cathy's was titled "Hello Life" and was really meaningful. I went a little more light-hearted and created this layout about our recent trip to D.C.



Of course, Cathy's layout was backed onto plain kraft cardstock, but you know me and fun grungy papers!

Having successfully completed this entire class (keeping my own intention of "finish what you start") I have to say I LOVED IT! Every assignment (yes, even the one I chose not to do for now) was meaningful and the skills built upon one another. Even though I've been a digi-scrapper for about three years now, I learned new tricks with every lesson.  If you have any interest in hybrid or digital scrapbooking and ever have the opportunity to take this class (I'm assuming BPC will bring it back as a self-paced class), I highly recommend it!  In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that the first four lessons were worth the price of admission and the next eight were just icing on the cake!

9 comments:

Sian said...

A ringing endorsement then! Your enthusiasm just shines through

scrappyjacky said...

So glad you loved the class.

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great class - congrats on completing it!! Your layout looks great & the journaling really captures y'all's day.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Nice ~ I'm glad you enjoyed the class, Cheri. Your layouts look great! One of these days I'm going to buckle down and take some Photoshop classes! This learning bit by bit by myself is really taking a long time...

Carola Bartz said...

Those grungy papers you worked on are beautiful. I would love to work with them as well.
I haven't tried digital scrapbooking yet, and I have my doubts that I ever will. I haven't scrapbooked for such a long time, it's not even funny. But when I do I like the feel of the paper and the photos and playing around with them, adding some embellishments etc. I guess IF I would start on digital scrapbooking I would probably get hooked very quickly - so perhaps I better stay away as I already spend too much time one the computer. I love your pages and I had to think back of our trip to DC back in 2009.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks for the class review. I really love the photos you chose for your layout.
Rinda

Karen said...

I'll be one of the first to sign up. Your descriptions of this class made me really regret not enrolling even though I'm definitely not a digi scrapper. Another great page---I've loved them all!

MonicaB said...

That's good to hear about the class. I love Cathy but didn't sign up. Your pages are lovely as always!

Missus Wookie said...

This is gorgeous - I'm slowly working my way through Ali's class intending to go back and work on Cathy's once I'm caught up.

Fun grungy papers are always a good addition :)