Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Big Idea Festival - Less

Wednesday's word, "Less", sparks a real chord with me.

A couple of years ago I started the process of decluttering. My closet and my dresser have been thoroughly cleared of anything unnecessary or unused. It makes it so much easier to dress in the morning!  Although you might not know it to look at my scrap space, I sold and gave away more "stuff" than you could begin to imagine. And I honestly haven't missed much of it (the only things I miss are the formerly totally unused stencils and stamps that I got rid of before I embarked upon mixed media).  Owning "less" is truly a blessing. The less stuff you have, the less stuff you have to clean up and around.  Less clutter = more calm.  Less stuff = more time to play.  Less definitely IS More!

In keeping with the "less is more" idea, I kept this layout very simple. A splash of watercolor, inked edges, a single embellishment.

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I've always loved that William Morris quote.

Sandra said...

A fabulous page and great quotes

Melissa said...

Beautiful layout, so simple yet elegant.

Anonymous said...

It is a lovely layout. I'm also a fan of the quote and am still working at purging. We got rid of a lot when we emptied our kitchen, and I purged about half of my embellishments recently and reorganized what I kept. So much simpler and easier. But there's still more to do throughout the house!

Sian said...

I like this a lot Cheri - that swipe of colour really packs a punch (and it's totally in the spirit of less is more)

Sian said...

PS: William Morris had a long association with Libertys!

Kim said...

Cheri, I'm really enjoying your words-to-live-by layouts! I especially love the watercolor and butterfly on this one. You've selected some great quotes for all!

Unknown said...

Less is absolutely more... this layout is simply gorgeous. You amaze me.

Lisa-Jane said...

I totally love this watercolour effect, its so striking!