Thursday, March 31, 2011

i.Scrap - the Perfectionism installment

i.Scrap is a project-based class taught by Stacy Julian that recently finished up over at Big Picture Classes.  All my pages are done, but I'm still working on the journaling.  So, to keep me motivated, I'm going to present you with the pages as I finish them!

To start with, I ordered an album from WeRMemoryKeepers.  On the website it said it was "olive".  Here is what I got:

Decidedly not olive.  More like super ugly brown.  Not to be thrown by the album, I altered...

much better!  Isn't it amazing what a little acrylic paint can do?!  Now you have a perfect representation of my HAPPY colors.  This also happens to be my very last sheet of TLC Peacock cardstock.  And since I can't get this any longer, will need to find a substitute for this color.

My title page.  Now here is the kicker with this project.  I used only SCRAPS.  Yes it's true - no full sheets of paper were harmed in the making of this album.  I dug into my scrap bits and found stuff to make do for each and every page!  Which also means some of these products are very old, so don't ask me what lines they came from - I'm sure for the most part I would have no idea (actually five of those papers are TLC).

First page. "i.Was".  For those of you who regularly follow my blog, all of these photos will look familiar, as they've all featured here before.

i.Was journaling page.  The journaling reads:

"I was a perfectionist and a bit of a control freak. I know this began when I was a child.  A consummate people pleaser, I did the hustle for worthiness, hoping that being good and bringing home perfect grades would make me worthy of love and attention.  My perfectionism carried into adulthood where I attempted to be some Hollywood version of the perfect wife, perfect mother, perfect employee.  But it was exhausting and I was miserable trying to be what everyone else wanted and needed from me at any given moment.  As an aspiring "good enough" ist, I am trying to let go, take more chances, try new things - even if I might fail.  Life is too short for perfection!"

11 comments:

Tammy said...

I love that you painted your album! Your pages are great. love your pieced hearts. All of my pages are done, but I'm still working on the journaling. :)

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Looks great!!! xoxo

Melissa said...

So glad you're going to share these as you go along. I love the look of your album with your happy green color!

Ginger said...

From what I've seen of this class it looks like everyone really enjoyed it. Your paint adds a lovely dimension to the project.

Amy said...

I would never have thought to spray paint an album - what a clever idea! Though, I quite like the colour that it was, but after seeing what you did and how the album is as a whole, you made a fantastic cover :-)

I am going to enjoy seeing how this album unfolds, it has started very well indeed :-)

Sue Althouse said...

Do you suppose they sent you the wrong color? Love your fix! The album looks great, but that journaling is what makes it special.

Emily D. said...

How cool! I love how you altered the album to suit your needs! Sweet! Love this project!

scrappysue said...

Oh I LOVE how you altered your album. I ordered a WRMK black album, which is lovely (not a very happy colour though huh?!). Its great to see your pages, I am still working on mine. A project I very much want to make sure to finish. Thanks for sharing!

humel said...

Oh Cheri, I love this! Especially how you took a 'black olive' (!) shade of album and turned it into a thing of beauty :-)

scrappyjacky said...

I love how you managed to change the album to such a gorgeous colour...would never have thought of doing that.

Cheryl said...

I love how you altered the album - those were the happy colors I painted my studio in our last house. How I miss seeing them on my walls! What a perfect entry for i.was. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it! Maybe one of these days, I'll progress on mine...