Thursday, December 23, 2010

#Reverb10 - Prompts 21 and 22

December 21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?) (Author: Jenny Blake)
Greetings future me!

So happy to see you are still taking care of that smokin' hot bod I worked so hard to create for you!

I know that you are five years older (and presumably five years wiser) and who knows what wonderful, life-altering truths you have discovered by now! But I'm sure the ones I've just learned are still as pertinent to your life, so just as a reminder of the important and wonderful things you learned five years ago, here's a little advice to keep in mind:

take time to truly enjoy the beautiful life you have created.
acknowledge life's abundance. say thank you. often.
stretch every day. your body and your wings!
delight in the wonder of everyday things.
remember that you are worthy.
embrace your imperfections.
smile. be happy.
choose joy.
breathe.

December 22 – Travel.  How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt)
2010 did not involve as much travel as normal for me - two very short trips (one to Phoenix, one to Chicago) for work, both of which had me in hotel meeting rooms the entire time, with zero opportunity for sightseeing or relaxation. A long weekend in South Carolina with my friend Krystal, including the Photo Walk in Greenville S.C. - hot, humid, and exhausting, but a lot of fun! And a week at the shore with the family - which was a wonderful, relaxing vacation on-the-cheap. 

I don't presently have any travel scheduled for 2011. But I know travel plans will happen! I'd love to suddenly come into the opportunity and wherewithal to travel to London to see Sarah while she is studying abroad! I'd love to take a family vacation someplace "tropical" - Hawaii definitely tops the list, but I'd settle for Florida - the Keys or Miami. Or an island - any island... ;)  I'm sure one or two trips will come up for work - and this time when they do, I'd love to extend long enough to at least "see" the outside of the hotel meeting room! Maybe a few of the sights?  And hey, while I'm dreaming about travel in 2011... a "girl trip" would be FAB!

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

You'll certainly have lots of friends to meet up with if you make it to London,Cheri.

Sian said...

Cheri, if you are going to make it to London I will try and be there! if our airports ever defrost..

Melissa said...

Love the advice reminders for your future self and the way it looks so poetic!

Cheryl said...

"Choose joy." Love it.