Monday, December 6, 2010

#Reverb10 | Day 5 | Let Go

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)
This year, with the help of a lot of reading and self-reflection, I let go of PERFECTION.  In fact, you may remember my entry for The Perfect Protest

Letting go of perfect isn't something that happens overnight. It is a process... one which I'm still working on.  Embracing your imperfections isn't a task for sissies either. But it is worth the journey.  And if you are interested in going down that path, I highly recommend this book:


Having read it twice, and still finding passages resonating with my everyday life, I'm seriously considering joining Dream Lab in January for a guided read-along.
 
Do I need a disclaimer? I get nothing for recommending this book or the Dream Lab course. No affiliate fees, no free gifts. I paid for my own copy of the book. Brene Brown doesn't even know I'm on my blog tooting her horn. I keep recommending it because it is just THAT GOOD.
 

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Awesome, Cheri! That is a wonderful thing to let go. I bought the book on your recommendation and am slowly making my way through it, but I already see why you embraced it wholeheartedly (no pun intended).

Unknown said...

Still on my list...