Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Little Christmas Spirit

Today I woke up needing a few certain songs to get me going. So I'm feeling mighty grateful for YouTube for giving me the pick-me-up I needed!

My favorite Christmas tune in the "oldies" category is "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and has been for years. But it has to be the Bing Crosby version. That's the one I grew up with and I still love it!



Of more recent vintage, "Where Are You Christmas" by Faith Hill (used in the Jim Carey version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas") has been my favorite for several years. Love the message. It can always pull me from feeling like Scrooge to really embracing the Christmas Spirit!


And brand new this year... "Shake Up Christmas" by Train. Love the lyrics. Love the video - it's so stinkin' cute! No way you can listen to this one and not end up feeling happy!


Hope you caught a little of my Christmas spirit!

8 comments:

humel said...

Both the second and third were new to me - unfortunately the third one seems to be blocked in the UK! But I enjoyed the second, anyway :-) Thanks for sharing!

I've had my Christmas CD on repeat while I did lots of seasonal baking today, and your card arrived this afternoon too (many thanks xx) so I'm feeling well and truly in the spirit - despite my washing machine's best efforts to literally dampen things down!

scrappyjacky said...

Like Mel...I've been baking all day....with the xmas CD on repeat. My favourite has always been 'A Fairytale of New York'....though it has to be by The Pogues.

quiltingfool said...

My favorite is "We need a little Christmas", by Johnny Mathis. Also like "It's the most wonderful time of the year".

I could use a little Christmas spirit myself right now!

Amy said...

Thanks for these Cheri - love the third one!

Merry Christmas to you all over there :-) Hope the day is a great one and that the girls love all the wonderful gifts you have thoughtfully chosen and beautifully wrapped!

Kelly Miller said...

We've been chipmunking it out over here, so it's hard to not feel festive. Love these picks, though.

Sian said...

A very, very merry Christmas Cheri - from our house to yours x

debs14 said...

The grinch stole the last video link here in the UK so we can't see that one but thanks for sharing your choices!
Wishing you a peaceful and happy Christmas and we look forward to welcoming your little girl over here in the UK in the new year!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!