Monday, January 18, 2010

This is Why...

It was just about a year ago that I posted some current layouts, including this one about why I scrapbook.  The only thing that has really changed in my life since that time is my own perspective.  I'm growing, I'm changing, I'm spending more time acknowledging who I am.  And with that new perspective, I've realized that I scrapbook for ME.  Yep, me.

THIS is why:

So I can spend time with my BFF Krystal - who lives 12 hours away, so pretty much the only time we see each other is when we get together at a crop.  I adore my girl time!  Freedom from kids, housework, my job - and nobody to please for a few days but myself.

And THIS is why:

Because I derive great joy out of the simple act of creating and expressing myself.  And learning more about who I am through the process.

And THIS is why:




Because the act of scrapbooking allows me to preserve moments, make connections, show growth and change, and leave a legacy for my family. I hope these pages will remind my girls of happy times together even when they are mired in the thick of sibling rivalry.  And I hope they will be evidence of how much I loved my family long after I am gone. 


Credits: Template - Cathy Z, Design Your Life Class; Background Paper - Jessica Sprague Kraft; Title Font - Porcelain.

4 comments:

Jan C. said...

All fantastic reasons for scrapping!

Anonymous said...

I love you too!!

scrappyjacky said...

The perfect reasons for scrapbooking.....virtually the same as mine I think.

humel said...

Beautiful post :-) Good for you! x