Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Clutter Sucks {Life Away}

Do you own your stuff or does it own you? I'm reading "It's All Too Much" by Peter Walsh (of TLC's Clean Sweep series) and it really resonates.

Peter says: "Clutter is insidious, a slow but steady tide. It enters your home little by little, usually over years. Clutter sucks life away. It leaves you depressed, overwhelmed, lacking motivation, and unable to breathe. Clutter prevents you from enjoying the most precious, intimate moments in life. Clutter robs you of far more than the space it occupies - it steals your life!"

Oh - I couldn't agree more! A little further into the book he expounds on the excuses we all have for not removing the clutter from our lives. Excuse #5 "I don't have the time" is my personal excuse. But I was reading on another blog (The Happiness Project) how the author has changed her personal philosophy from "I'm in a hurry" to "I have plenty of time for the things that are important to me."

Okay, busted. If getting rid of that clutter was really important to me, I would make the time to take care of it! So today I made time. I listed 3 cropper hopper work stations, 2 student clarinets, a cash register, and a credit card imprinter on craigslist. Listing the CH work stations has been on my "to do" list since January! The clarinets - sitting in a tub untouched for 3 full years now! Anything that hasn't sold in a week, they are going to Good Will and I'll just take the tax deduction. Time for this stuff to LEAVE! Now if I could just convince Jay that we don't need two snowblowers and four ladders....

No comments: