Monday, March 2, 2009

More Monday Musings

Monday - it's a snow day. The first REAL snowfall we've had all season. No school. But I've been working and I'm exhausted already. I had to be up and out on the roads early anyway. my Monday
7:00 a.m.: breakfast, check e-mail, deal with some work stuff
7:45 a.m.: shower, dress, get ready to run
8:30 a.m.: drive to the orthopedist. In the snow. Rachel got her cast off. Her wrist is stiff and sore and won't bend. I'm led to understand that is normal and will ease over the next few days/weeks. Anyone with experience care to chime in?
10:00 a.m.: drive Rachel back home, pick up Sarah and drive (in the snow) to dentist appointment.
11:00 a.m. - drive home (in the snow) from dentist, start laundry, grab lunch
11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.: work from home, including the odious task of submitting medical receipts to flex pay which involves babysitting the fax machine - feeding through one sheet at a time. Ugh.
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: shovel snow - including the 2 foot wall that the snow plows left at the bottom of the driveway. Hopefully that makes up for the fact that Curves is closed today.
4:00 p.m.: hit the internet. Yeah!

Okay, I know I've been MIA for too long and I can't tell you I have any great excuse, other than that life has been busy (see above) and I've been, well, kind of depressed lately. Not any one thing I can specifically point to, but rather a laundry list of little reasons to be down in the dumps:
  • a general distaste for winter - I'm really looking forward to Spring!
  • the feeling that controlling my weight has become a life long chore (and not a particularly successful or gratifying one either - witnessed by the recent climb in numbers on my scale),
  • feeling deeply for my good friend's recent loss of her sister,
  • feeling overwhelmed with the number of projects in front of me, the lack of time in which to accomplish them, and the general discontent of feeling non-productive and having no idea where to even begin,
  • in general, missing that feeling of being truly creative and being alive.

Having identified at least some of the source of my discontent, I guess it's now up to me to do something about it. First things first. I'm letting go of Project 365. I've imported my Project 365 blog posts to this blog so I don't lose the work I've done, but I don't have the time or energy to maintain a separate blog for it. I've also found that it gets boring quickly when all your photos are of "things" rather than people. With three teenage daughters who WON'T let me take their picture, and a husband who doesn't want to document everyday stuff like me cutting his hair, but only wants photos of birthdays, holidays and vacations - well, you can only imagine how frustrating it gets to take a daily photo of nothing. So Project 365 is getting shelved in favor of ones that will bring me more happiness and satisfaction.

As for the rest, I think I need to sit myself down with a planner and break down some of these projects into baby steps and set some goals and deadlines for myself. Or maybe give myself a swift kick in the butt to get into gear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed that you stuck with 365 as long as you did. I always have grand intentions for those things, but I made it . . . 3 days, lol.

We sure enjoyed the snow here the past couple of days, but I'm so ready for the kids to go back to school. They were out yesterday and today, have a 2 hr delay tomorrow - woo hoo!