Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES WE CAN!

Right now I'm so proud to be an American! I stayed up last night only long enough to see that the election was moving in the direction of change, but not long enough to see anyone declared as winner. This morning I was anxious to sign on and see how the map played out, how many electoral votes each candidate had, and more importantly, how many POPULAR votes (can't we just dump the electoral college already?). What I wasn't prepared for was the video of Obama's acceptance speech.
Click on the link to listen to his speech. Obama is clearly a man who understands the law of attraction and how to reach into the hearts of a crowd. His speech moved me to tears (something I'm not easily given to). I also thought McCain's concession speech was very classy and well done. I don't agree with all of Obama's ideas or positions and I'm as concerned as the next guy about the economy, taxes, my 401K, etc. But he gives me hope - that true change (better, not just different) is in the air. And I hope all McCain supporters will heed his request to set aside the differences and work together to rebuild America. So to America, YES WE CAN!

1 comment:

Flora said...

Cheri,

This is my first time reading your blog, and I just wanted to thank you for your kind words. So many McCain supporters are bitter right now so reading your post made me feel good.